Urban wind technology

I haven't written about anything green in forever (a recession will do that to you), but I was intrigued the other week while driving through a rural windmill farm in Indiana. Now I can combine windmills with my blog!

Real Estate Ancillary Revenue has posted a story about the WindCube, a 22-foot high urban windmill of sorts designed to serve a single property. Its $300k cost can apparently be absorbed in part through tax credits and the like, with a relatively short estimated payback time.

In an day and age where you are trying to look for possible revenue sources and technologies that might make your building more green, I guess it is worth a look. I"ll also bet there will be some interesting counterparts in Las Vegas in two weeks.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Coming down from the summit

Steve Jobs and introspection about oneself

Cap rate spreads - making sense?